Our Commitment to Sustainability
At Paradice Ice Skating we are absolutely committed to reducing our environmental impact. Our focus on environmentally conscious practices extends to all areas of our operations.
At Paradice Entertainment we embrace kaitiakitanga (stewardship of the environment) as a business fundamental. It is our objective to operate in a sustainable way through increased efficiency, minimising waste and reducing consumption and supporting sustainability and environmental projects in our local area.
Our Guiding Principles:
Recognise that protecting the environment today is essential to creating a sustainable business future.
Actively seek to minimise the environmental impact of Paradice Entertainment’s businesses.
Implement projects and programmes that improve our energy efficiency.
Reduce our disposal of waste to landfill and work with our supply chain and customers to ensure efficient use of resources, with reduced waste and increased recycling of waste materials.
Actively seek to improve our water efficiency and minimise the impacts from water discharged from our operations.
Key Actions Include:
- Collecting coffee grounds from our cafes for composting
- Offering a 50c keep-cup discount in our cafes to encourage use of reusable cup
- Converting the main house lights in our ice arenas to LED’s
- Harvesting rainwater to use when resurfacing the ice
- Swapping out our food packaging, cleaners and detergents with environmentally friendly options.
- Utilizing recycling bins in arenas which we encourage our customers to use in addition to our recycling of cardboard and office paper
- Running a trapping station with 5 traps for pest control to protect biodiversity
- Staff participating in annual Trees for Survival stream planting day to restore natural habitats and improve water quality.
- Support Enviro schools in Auckland through gifting of Paradice Entertainment family pass to the student of the term who shows merit in their environmental efforts.
The Tiaki Promise
The Tiaki Promise is a commitment to care for New Zealand, for now and for future generations.
Paradice Entertainment follows the Tiaki Promise, making a commitment to New Zealand to act as a guardian, protecting and preserving our home.
As a visitor to Paradice Entertainment you can support the Tiaki Promise by using our recycling facilities as much as possible to help reduce waste.
Paradice Entertainment is proud to be validated by Qualmark as a quality tourism business. Qualmark is New Zealand’s official tourism quality assurance organisation and recognises excellence in sustainable business practices.
Businesses are independently assessed by a Qualmark official and are awarded with a Bronze, Silver or Gold award based on their sustainable practices in health and safety, the environment, social/people and economic criteria. Only those businesses that are delivering a quality sustainable experience, who have safe principles and practices, and showcase true New Zealand hospitality, are recognised through a Qualmark endorsement.
With Paradice Entertainment, you can book with confidence and peace of mind that the experience you are paying for is one of the most high quality, safe and sustainable experiences in New Zealand.
Did you know we have a ‘Preserving Paradise’ initiative for schools in the Auckland area?
The ‘Preserving Paradise’ initiative is part of our environmental policy to support local sustainability actions.
We have on offer a family pass on a termly basis to a student in your school that shows initiative in taking action for the environment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your school to be part of this programme.