SKATING ACADEMY COMPETITION TERM 2 2021
We are excited to announce our first skating Academy competition of the year.
Skaters from both rinks and all class days are welcome to join the competition.
The emphasis is on participation & having fun!
Saturday 3rd July at Avondale 4:15 to 6:45pm (arrive by 3:45pm)
Skaters are separated by level and age group with categories for everyone from Tiny Tots or Beginners to Free Skate levels. Skaters are given a set of skills to perform for the judges.
- Skills in Isolation Tiny Tots to Free Skate Levels. Skills from skater’s current badge level are performed in a set order. Coaches prepare skaters sequence of skills during their usual class time.
- List of skills for each badge level is available on the Skating Academy Competition web page Required Skills for Competition
- Character category. Skaters choose their own music & choreography expressing a character or theme, skated on 1/3rd of Ice to a 1-minute piece of music. They can either skate solo or with 2 or more skaters. Skaters are welcome to dress up in costume. We encourage skaters to make up their own routine, alternatively if you would like to arrange private tuition, please see the office.
- Synchronized between 6 to 16 skaters performing group formations, see Required Skills for Competition
Coaches will be working on the required skills during their usual class time. If skate school students wish to have extra practice, we recommend the public sessions held at Avondale & Botany on Tuesday 5pm-6:30pm or Botany on Thursday at 3:45-5:30pm for a reduced fee for our current skate school students of all ages $10 including admission & skate hire (Platinum hire +$4).
Cost of Competition Entry Per Skater
Entry fee covers the competition fee + skate hire if required (platinum hire at additional )
- Tiny tots to Advanced = $20
- Free Skate (Full Ice) = $32
- Character: Tiny Tots to Advanced = $20 (3+ skaters $15 pp), Free Skate (Full ) =$32 per skater
- Synchronized = $8 per skater
Skaters entering Character category are required to submit your music to email@example.com before the close of entries.
Entries Close: Sunday 20th June
Please note: We have a limited time for the competition and therefore we have a maximum number of participants. Priority placement will be given to those who return entry form and pay first.
Enter online please click the link which will take you to our parent Competition Enrolment
Select Avondale as the location and search comp plus your skater’s level or category.
Recommended Clothing: What you normally wear to skate school, but if you would like to dress up girls are welcome to wear a skating dress and for boys, skating trousers.
The competition schedule will be displayed 1 week prior to the event on Paradice Avondale & Botany Skating Academy noticeboard and on our competition webpage.
Please ensure that you arrive Saturday 3rd July by 3:45pm and report to competition registration desk in the Paradice Avondale Foyer.
Location: Paradice Avondale, 150 Lansford Crescent